iHome iP97 iPhone Dual Alarm Clock Review
Price & Model
Alarm Clock Features
The iP97BR is a dual alarm clock radio that allows you to wake up in style. You can listen to a customized playlist while charging your iPhone or iPod on this sleek alarm clock.
Once your iPhone is docked, you will not miss any calls. It features custom alarm settings, playlists, remote control, AM/FM presets, programmable snooze bar, extra large display and SRS WOW audio with Reson8 chambers.
- Dual alarms for iPhone/iPod, playlist, AM/FM radio or buzzer
- Reson8 speaker chambers for superb clarity, depth and power
- Time sync to sync unit to iPhone/iPod time
- Universal dock for iPhone and inserts for docking iPod
- Charging for iPhone/iPod
- Gradual wake and sleep alarms
- DST switch and Backlit buttons
- Line-in jack for CDs/MP3s
- Programmable snooze bar
The iP97BR has 7-5-2 settings that let you set separate alarms for full weeks, work days and weekends. A programmable snooze allows you to sleep a bit longer while the alarm and sleep volumes gradually increase or decrease. The large, backlit display has a dimmer for customized visibility and the DST switch enables daylight-savings time settings.
Radio Features: Reson8 technology audio chambers deliver amazing sounds with just six watts stereo. The remote control lets you play Am/FM or songs from your iPod from a distance. Other features include AM/FM presets, gradual wake and sleep alarm settings, EQ controls and line-in jack to connect external audio devices.
- Anyone using iPhone or iPod
- Enhancing the looks of a room with a stylish, unconventional alarm clock
- People who want to stay connected to AM/FM, iPod or other audio devices while waking up or sleeping
What's in the box?
- iHome iP97BR
- Remote control
- AC adapter
- iPod docks
- User Manual
The iHome iP97 is a good music machine for your home or small get togethers with an impressive sound quality for the price ($85-129), huge display, good FM reception and a very handy remote control. Bear in mind that you may need to get the insert adapter for your specific iPod, as it happened to me with the Nano 5G because is just comes with 3 of them (iPhone 3g, nano 4g, touch). I hope this helps you as many other reviews hlped me!
Pros and Cons
- minimum distortion at high volume
- Nice remote control let's you navigate easily through the iPod's menu
- 8 different setting dimmer
- Basic EQ settings
- 3D sound really works
- huge display
- Does not work on Batteries (not portable)
- significant footprint (about 6.5 x 11... not exact)
- buttons seem to be a little bit filmsy, but not an issue